International American Football Officials Association
Training department: responsibilities
Updated 19th June 2016
The IAFOA Training Department (headed by the Director of Training) is responsible for the following:
- Define the IAFOA Common Training Model for qualification of officials
- Define the IAFOA Training Services Model for management of officiating training
- Review training so that we achieve consistency and continually improve our training process
- Recruit, train and reward trainers, particularly for international level qualifications
- Keep effective records of the training and trainers
- Provide support to member countries to:
- Establish or improvement of their training programmes
- Recruit, train and reward their trainers
- Keep effective records of their training and trainers
- Establish appropriate technology(ies) to implement the above in an effective and reliable way
The Department shall recommend to the Board policies relating to the above matters.
The Department shall set and implement procedures relating to the above matters.